Here is a detailed step-by-step guide on what to wear to a foam party. This includes what should boys and girls wear at a foam party, what accessories are recommended at a foam party, and many more!
So you have bought your ticket and you and your friends are getting ready for a night that is becoming the most talked-about meeting of your local club in ages! However, we all face the same dilemma when it comes to what to wear! As you are going to get wet, make sure you wear loose-fitting light clothing that is not too bulky.
Listed below are a few general guidelines and suggestions for what you can wear to look your best:
What Should Boys Wear at a Foam Party?
Let your outfit be a fun part of your day! Foam parties are most commonly held in the summer months. If you are wearing shorts, a t-shirt, and a beach suit, you may decide to complete your beach look with goggles, a snorkel, and a swimming cap.
Those of you feeling really brave may want to consider wearing your normal clothes at first, then stripping down to a pair of speedos as soon as the foam starts? You should put your dry clothes in the cloakroom so that you can change into them at the end of the night. Also, we have seen people turn up in a full suit and tie – they stood out as well – I hope that it wasn’t their Sunday best!
What Should Girls Wear at a Foam Party?
Dress in short skirts, hot pants, bikinis tops and vest tops, and don’t forget to put on waterproof mascara! The killer heels might be better off left in the wardrobe for the night and opt for some flip flops, flats or pumps instead. It is important to be careful when wearing heels in the club because if you have a large heel, it might make you slip.
Don’t worry too much about appearances because everyone will get wet over the course of the day it’s all part of the fun. However, the following tips will keep you looking your best and prevent you from looking like a drowned rat!
Make sure that you tie your hair back – maybe into a messy bun, a ponytail, or a plait.
It wouldn’t hurt to have a nice pair of sunglasses on hand.
Wear as little make-up as possible, and make sure the make-up you wear is waterproof.
You should wear a swimsuit or bikini underneath white tops as they can go see-through.
It is important to remember that flat shoes will prevent you from slipping.
Handbag essentials – a hairbrush, waterproof mascara, a plastic / zip-lock bag for storing your mobile phone / digital camera, and
There are some items that you should not wear to a foam party:
You should avoid wearing anything made of suede – suede is one of those materials that does not act well when wet, so you should avoid wearing suede shoes and jackets.
Leather jackets – again for similar reasons to suede leather can get wet but it can leave a “tide mark” when it drys
Wool becomes misshapen after drying and becomes very heavy after being wet.
You may also want to take a bag of dry clothes on the way back to your house or even just a nice dry t-shirt. Regardless of how hot it might be outside, it will still be nice to change your top on your way home. You have no idea how jealous your buddies are going to be when you conjure up that dry item at the end of the night. It is worth the price of admission to use the cloakroom facilities throughout the evening in order to keep dry
What Accessories are Recommended at a Foam Party?
For a foam party that is outrageously fun and successful, you’ll need the following equipment/requirements:
- Foam Cannon (at least 1400 watts)
- Foam Stackable (Non-Toxic & Hypoallergenic)
- Operators of foam cannons
- Within a short distance, there is a water source
- Pump + Water Tank
- A power outlet
The following add-ons will take your foam party to the next level:
- Speakers with Bluetooth technology that are loud and clear
- Foam Pit (at least 20 feet long and 20 feet wide)
- A machine that produces bubbles and fog
What Type of Shoes to Wear to a Foam Party
Make sure you wear good shoes. A lot of slipping and sliding occurs with foam shoes. In order to avoid falling during the foam party, make sure you wear shoes with solid rubber soles that have good traction. Wearing flat shoes will also help you to avoid falling. It may sound like a strange idea, but tennis shoes are often a good choice.
They have the necessary grip so you will be able to run around in them all night long.
Foam Party in a Club
There is no doubt that the nightclub industry is built upon club owners not truly knowing what they are doing but hoping they accidentally stumble upon the next gimmick that will attract more customers to their bars. Now, the idea of injecting foam into a club may seem a bit strange, as it did when it was first introduced in the early 1980s, but it created an immediate sensation on the local scene, which led to a cottage industry of nightlife that, remarkably, still persists today throughout the globe.
In the beginning, it had much more humble origins.
Spuma started on the island of Ibiza at a club called Amnesia, the origin of acid house music and the oldest nightclub on the island (opened in 1976). Fire hoses were used to start foam parties at the then-open-air terrace club.
I first encountered foam parties while on vacation in Ibiza in the mid-1980s, where the fire department would literally take a hose, place it in the hydrant, run it through the club, and run it up until it filled the floor below,” recalls Robin Whincup, who first experienced one while on vacation in Ibiza.
What to Wear to a Foam Party in Winter
The choice of the venue also depends on the weather conditions. In the winter season, it is impossible to select an outdoor area for a birthday party when it is a bitterly cold day. It is highly recommended that indoor venues be chosen during winter. There are some outdoor places that are suitable for summer because you will feel relaxed after spending the night at a foam party.
It is also important for you to know the environment of the location where your event will take place. In order to make the celebration successful, you need to make arrangements regarding the water supply. Unless you do this, you and your guests will have to face inconvenience. Also, please keep in mind that it is your responsibility to keep everything clean after the party. Oftentimes, people neglect to take care of cleanliness which is a mistake they regret later on.
What to Wear to a Foam Party Best Outfit
Take a look at our top 7 things to keep in mind if you have been invited to a house party before we get to our outfit picks:
- Don’t dress too formally. There are many differences between a party at a house and a party at a club. I don’t know if cocktail dresses and sky-high heels are the right choice for simple house gatherings.
- It’s important to choose your footwear wisely. When it comes to high heels, they might not be the best choice if you plan on dancing at any point in the evening.
- It is advisable not to wear skin-tight clothing… if you plan on staying for several hours. This will not be comfortable for you, especially if you are drinking or eating something.
- It is important to keep your look low-maintenance. While you’re trying to enjoy yourself and have a good time, the last thing you want to do is have to stop and adjust that annoying strap or retuck your tank top all night long.
- Put a few makeup wipes in your purse along with some extra makeup. There can be times when house parties get warm and crowded. Keep the feeling of freshness throughout the night with just a discreet wipe under the eyes with a wet cloth and an extra swipe of lipstick.
- For a house party in the winter, you should wear layers of clothes. If you’re attending an indoor party, layer up your outerwear so that you can store those layers in the spare bedroom or in the coat closet after the party.
- Don’t be afraid to wear casual clothes as long as you keep them stylish. You will be able to enjoy yourself and feel confident in your body and clothing if you are wearing an outfit that fits well, flatters you, and does not irritate your skin or cause you to suck your stomach in all night long.
Wearing a Bodysuit and Ripped Jeans
The easiest way to ensure that you won’t have to constantly adjust your tucked-in top or cami is to wear a bodysuit underneath. We are in love with this v-notch sleeveless version styled with some ripped boyfriend jeans and belted with a cute belt. You can complete the look with some ankle strap block heels and a little handbag.
Does A Foam Party Ruin Your Clothes?
You can wear anything that’s machine washable…it’s just soap bubbles (the one I went to anyway). Also, don’t wear nice shoes after a couple of hours, as they turn into the water around your feet.
Do You Get Wet at Foam Parties?
It does have water in it, and water will make your floor wet as well. We have developed solutions that are the driest in the industry. Regardless of what some people may tell you, dry foam is not the same as wet foam. In fact, foam cannot exist without water.
There is a possibility that they will get wet. There is no question that foam parties are wet and wild. It depends on the amount of time that they spend playing in the foam as to how wet they are.